A wedding ring is a ring made of precious metals. It is also called a wedding band which symbolises a bond made for eternity. A wedding ring is received as a gift at wedding and is worn from that instance. A wedding ring has a simple design and is generally less expensive as they weigh less than an engagement ring. There are variety of Wedding ring designs [ออกแบบ แหวน แต่งงาน, which is the term in Thai] that shows elegance and class of the wearer. A wedding ring gives the wearer an opportunity to have more flair.
Types of ring
- Classic solitaire ring: This is one of the simplest type of ring. Ring [แหวน, which is the term in Thai] which is made with a single solitaire that sits in the center of the ring defines elegance, simplicity and timeless beauty.
- Halo ring: This is another classic solitaire ring. A solitaire sits in the middle with micro diamonds on its either side. They are very attractive and increases the beauty of its wearer.
- Promise ring: A promise ring is a ring that is gifted to the one person that is your beloved. This ring symbolises the promise to stay with your beloved till eternity.
Things you should know about metals used for making jewellery
- Platinum: Platinum jewellery offers durability to its users. It is one of the top choices for jewellery. However, they are very costly and are not affordable for lower class people.
- Gold: Jewelleries made of gold are the most preferred type of jewelry. Gold has been used at weddings for a long time. They are comparatively less expensive. Different type of gold is available in the market like yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, etc.
- Silver: There was a time when silver was considered more valuable than gold. It is one of the most affordable metal and hence, can even be purchased by lower-class people.